01 October 2006

The first of many...

I've been thinking for some time I should start a blog ..
So what better time than now, between exams the start of the next stage of my education (or rather, now that I don't know what to do with all my time..!)
Also, it's between Rosh Hashana [Jewish New Year] and Yom Kippur [the Day of Atonement] when introspection is the game of the day, and also an opportunity to start some things anew.

So here we have it, first installment of the flying doctor blog, the name referring to my upcoming medical elective in Jerusalem (and i have to fly to get there...) in which I'll studying under the world's experts in trauma surgery and terror medicine. Or alternatively perhaps I'll be mostly touring Israel...
On the topic of which, should I stay near the centre of Jerusalem or near the hospital? All contributions/suggestions welcome - especially if you know someone who wants to rent me a place cheap!

I don't really have much to write now, I'm preparing for Yom Kippur but be sure to check back here in future - there'll be stories, photos and more good stuff... looking forward to your comments!

Chag Sameach, Gmar Chatima Tova L'Kulam

No comments: